Friday, September 7, 2007

Some people just don’t understand: even when they think that they are doing God's work

By:ChristMusic92

On this past 4th of July at Augusta Commons, I was approached by a woman passing out pamphlets, so I asked her what they where for, and she told me they where for a local Catholic church, so I told her thanks but no thanks, I told her that I did not agree with some of there teachings. Well the next thing I know, she is trying to tell me that I have misconceptions’ about the Catholic church and that we must unite under the one true church in order to go to heaven and if I don’t convert that I am condemned to hell. Then she tells me that all the other churches allow homosexuals to become priest, etc, etc, all the time I’m thinking to myself “ well isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black.”
Well that is when I just looked at her and said “that is not what I was taught. The way that I understand it, Christ die to forgive the sins of the world, and that who ever believes in him WILL have everlasting life and be forgiven their sins in the name of Christ.
Well that just made her mad, and she said that she would pray for me, and I told her that I would pray that she finds Jesus, because this is not how Jesus wants us to draw people close to him, he wants us to love each other into the Holy Sprit, not condemn others who do not see thing the way that we see them.


Add reading: John 3:16-21

No comments: