Monday, November 26, 2007

A New Time Has Come

It has been many years since the church that I attend has shown the community that lives around us that we are more than just a building, but a body of people that is more interested in bringing the word of God to the neighborhood than to just bring in money in to keep the doors open.
This year we held a pumpkin patch not to just raise money but instead, to bring people to the church so that we could get to know them, find out if they have a relationship with God, and to offer our service to them if they need any help. We got to know many wonderful people, and had many Christ based talks, and found a few that are looking for a church home, and we even had a few that came just to see what the heck was going on, I had one person ask me if this was a new church moving in to an old building, I just told them “No, we’re just getting our second wind and now we are ready for round two” and we both had a laugh. I also meet a young man who had recently lost his father, and he had some questions about God and Heaven so we talked and now I see him from time to time and I keep letting him know that if he needs us all he has to do is call. We even had one or two that drove by and give us the FINGER, and all I could do was ask God why that person's heart was so hardened and then I prayed for them, but in all I think that we let the people of the area know that we are alive and we are here for them.
In the end though I think we did what Christ would want us to do, let the people know that there are still people who a willing to show you what Christ has done for them and are willing to share the love of Christ with whom ever has the desirer to drink of the Living Water that is given through knowing Christ.

By:ChristMusic92

No comments: