Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Trouble With Me...

I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man I have ever met. (D.L. Moody)

Maybe the reason why we spend so much energy worrying about other’s walk with Christ is that we don’t want to deal with our own. After all, no one can cause me any more trouble than I can myself. Paul says in scripture, that he continues to do the things he hates. It is our nature to be sinful. This in no way gives us the right to sin boldly, but rather to constantly look to Jesus for our salvation. I believe when we finally understand that we are bent toward sin, and we realize that we are broken and useless without Christ in our lives we can begin to heal our lives and move on toward the work God would have us do. And what is that work? Well that’s easy, Jesus tells us Himself in John 6:29 “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

We might find ourselves much easier to get along with, and much easier to understand if we only focus on the one thing Christ asks of us, to believe on Him…

No comments: