Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gone Fishin'


Just wanted to post something this day while I was thinking about it.

First of all, Thanks to everyone who had a part in our great Sonrise service this morning, great turnout, best ever! Also the other two services were great and I know this evening’s CrossRoad service will be just as great! The Lord is doing great things in our midst.

I wanted to get this thought out while I had it in my busy little brain. When I was pulling out of my road this morning to get to Sonrose, at about 6 am, I was struck by the irony of the truck coming the other way. He was traveling the opposite way I was, and when I got on the main road we passed. He had a red Dodge truck just like mine, but he was towing a boat. Obviously he was heading to the lake to go fishing. I could not help but think that I was doing the same thing. Of course, I had no boat, no tackle, and no gear for being near or on the water, but I was going fishing none the less. I was answering the call of Jesus when he called those disciples so long ago to be fishers of men instead of fishing for fish.

So here we were, two different people, heading out for a day of fishing. I am not sure how he did this day, but I know my day of fishing was very satisfying. In fact, I am just home on a break, in a few hours, after a wonderful lunch with a well loved friend; I will be out fishing again…

What about you? Did you go fishing today? I pray that you had a big catch!

1 comment:

LaDonna said...

I been fishing too! I love this story. I think it is great how we can look at our lives on a daily basis and see Jesus!! Thanks for sharing this with us.